Old Uppsala is a historical district in Uppland in Gamla Uppsala parish,municipality of Uppsala in Uppsala County. It includes the famous Uppsalamounds and Old Uppsala church, which has been both a cathedral and seat of the archbishop.
Old Uppsala, which in the 1500s kamerala sources Uppland’s largest villagein terms of manpower, is now part of the town Uppsala, a town belonging tothe Northern city.
Old Uppsala was probably a point in the prehistoric power structure in thecurrent Svealand. During the early Iron Age site was north of a bay that united the waterway from the Eastern Attundaland the bay from the lake to the south. North from the beach and Old Uppsala ran current cold winter night, which after a short passage of boats, opened the way for trips inTiundaland. The location was thus during this time, compared to Stockholmlater position, a lock on the inland waterways, and a religious and administrative center for trade with the connection to the sea. After thecathedral fire in 1252 taken the decision to move the arch-seat to the currentUppsala. The transfer of the relics is the 1273rd The move reduced the OldUppsala importance and may have links with the waterway changedbecause of land uplift.
- Gamla Uppsala
- Mälardalen @en
- Uppsala kommun
- Other ancient monuments, Other things worth seeing